Tools you’ll need for this quick and easy exercise:
- Soft Tape Measure – If you don’t own one, that’s ok! You can use a string and measure the line when you’re ﬁnished.
- Remember to measure in inches
- Be sure to wear an unlined, non minimizing bra
1. Measuring the Band Size
Using your tape measure, measure around your rib cage directly below the wire of your bra. Be sure the tape measure sits snug around your rib cage, but not too tight and ensure the tape is the same level around your rib cage.
2. Measuring Your Cup Size
Using your soft measuring tape, wrap the tape measure around your back, then around the most substantial part of your bust. Again, the measuring tape should sit snug to your breast and parallel to the ﬂoor- but not too tight!
3. The Fit Test
If you get your new bra home and it’s just not fitting quite right, don’t panic! We have some tips before you return it.
- Your band should sit parallel to the ﬂoor. If the back is riding up try loosening the straps. If that doesn’t do the trick, it’s likely your band is too loose.
- If your breast tissue is overflowing either under or over, the cups are too small
- If you’re experiencing gapping cup we recommend the “Swoop and Scoop” method before determining your cups are too big.