My Top Tips For A Plant-Forward 2022
The options are abundant!
We just got back from a family holiday and of all places…we were in Vegas!
Despite all of the “All You Can Eat Buffets” (which by the way, I would not recommend) laden with beef, pork, chicken, duck or turkey…if you plan ahead
of time, there are places in Vegas that are entirely vegan or have vegan/vegetarian options. At worst, for breakfast you can skip the egg in the omelet and just ask for all the veggies they have. Ask the cook to sautee it in water and ditch the salt.
As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I did for breakfast on our last day when we ate at Baby Stacks. I asked the waitress for the vegetable omelet without the egg and cheese! That along with the garlic fried rice and the orange juice was filling and I was happy. There is nothing better than starting your day cruelty-free, and guilt free!
Here are my top plant-forward tips:
- Get started – Start enjoying more fruits, veggies, legumes, and grains.
- Anytime you are going through a drive-thru, take-out or even a sit down, know that the salt and fat content will always be over the roof, unless you are like me...I put on my Big Girl Pants and bravely request the order taker the following: sautee my veggies in water, decrease salt or no added salt at all
- When you get asked to do lunch or out to dinner with friends, suggest
several restaurants that you know have vegan options. Otherwise, pack your own food. You read that correctly. Pack your own food. That is how committed I am!
- If there is a certain fruit or vegetable that you like, learn different ways to eat them…raw is the best, but when you figure out other ways to prepare them, you won’t get bored.
- Pack your own homemade salad dressing and sauces! This is huge. You heard me right! (I even pack my own alkalized water now, wherever I go, so that I know that I am getting quality water. A little off topic, I know but it’s just about planning is all.)
- Identify an accountability partner to go on this journey with you or hire a coach. This is key.
- Join a community or communities that resonates with you.
- Lastly, give yourself some grace. Most of us weren’t raised with veggies as the main course of the meal, quite the opposite, right?! Just remember that every non animal-based protein you eat is a step in a healthier direction for you, the animals, and the health of our planet earth!
Whether you are a seasoned vegan, a vegetable lover, or slowly moving toward a plant-forward lifestyle, there is no better time than now... to be vegan. So, go vegan today! Here are some documentaries that I would highly recommend you watch: Earthlings (2005), Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (2010), The Game Changers (2018), Cowspiracy, and Seaspiracy to get you started. You can also check out https://veganuary.com for helpful tips to get started.
And if that’s not enough, and you would like support on how to make this journey sustainable for you, just reach out to me on my IG account @marie_matienzo.
Marie Matienzo: Marie is an RN turned entrepreneur who supports High Performers in fully showing up with energy and focus in all areas of their life, and empowers them to create their greatest impact in the world, while cultivating joy and a sense of fulfillment.
Leave a comment